Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pleased to Meet You!

Hello, everyone!  It's so lovely to meet you. I'm Erica, a 29 year old attorney living and working in Southern California's "Inland Empire" and planning the wedding of our dreams.  We got engaged a little over 8 months ago, and wedding planning has really helped me reconnect with my creative side.  Since I was a teenager the primary outlet for my creativity has been writing, so as I started getting into the thick of wedding planning I found myself wanting to start a wedding blog.  I hemmed and hawed for a while, but here I am!

Before we get into all the wedding details, how about you get to know me and the Mister a little better?
The Mister and I on a park bench in San Diego.  This was taken the weekend he proposed to me!


We met in March of 2007 on Match.com. I was a recent law school graduate and had just moved to Southern California to be closer to my family, who moved there when I was a sophomore in college. I didn't grow up in SoCal, so I didn't know anyone other than my parents and sister when I moved to the area. I thought I'd give Match a whirl, and low and behold, it worked! The Mister is an engineer who was born and raised in SoCal, an avid hockey fan, a video game junkie who waivers between recovery and relapse, and all-around fantastic person. We had our first date on the day my subscription to Match.com expired. We've been pretty much inseparable ever since, and his friends and family have welcomed me with open arms. I feel so lucky to have met him and gained not only a partner in crime, but a whole posse!

We got engaged in June of 2009 in San Diego.  The Mister's work was holding its annual summer event down in San Diego (tailgating and then a Padres' game) and we decided to go down to San Diego a day earlier and make a 3-day weekend out of it.  The Mister was being so romantic, I suspected that he might propose.  But the romantic moments would pass and then I'd just forget about it and enjoy our long weekend.  Always one for surprises, the Mister was dead set on catching me off-guard with the proposal, and boy did he!  We were relaxing in our hotel room before heading over to the ballpark, just watching TV and not even really talking.  Once it was time to go I made my way to the door and the Mister was behind me.  As I opened the door he said "Wait!  I forgot something."  I turned around and he was on his knee with a ring in his hand, and the rest is history.

I look forward to getting to know you all through this blog and share my wedding planning experiences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment