Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wedding Crushes

Very early on in our wedding planning, I began searching the interwebs (and searching...and searching...and searching) for inspiration to guide me in planning our day.  I soon realized that the few weddings I found that really spoke to me were more than just inspiration...I was crushing on them like I was in the 9th grade again and they were the hunky senior quarterback.  I'd save them to my favorites, and look at them every day, longing for a wedding just like theirs.  I'm sure there was sighing and swooning aplenty.  Like any good teenage crush, the infatuation would fade out after a while when I found some other new wedding to crush on, but there are a few where my love has endured.

My original wedding crush was on Catherine and Andrew’s wedding, which was featured on Snippet and Ink. I just love, love, love the casual elegance this wedding oozes. I love how the decorations are minimal because the location itself is so beautiful. And I am obsessed with her gold Dior flat sandals!!! Once I saw that picture of her in those sandals, I knew that I would be wearing gold flat sandals at my wedding, too.  I'm still on the hunt for the perfect sandals.

Then, I found Claudia and Michael's wedding on Green Wedding Shoes and immediately began drooling. The picture of the bride and groom in a canoe? To die for. And I love the shade of green they used. Green is my favorite color, btw, and will be playing a predominate role in our wedding, along with purple, my other favorite color. I even was going to use planter boxes as our centerpieces, since I love theirs so much, but had trouble finding one I liked. I'm sure I'll tell you more about our centerpieces in a later post.  Though this wedding is beautiful all around, the ceremony and lunch portion resonates with me more than the more formal dinner reception.


And last, but certainly not least, are the two Weddingbee bloggers whose weddings I absolutely adore. Mrs. Cowboy Boot and Mrs. Cherry Pie.  If you are trying to plan a rustic yet elegant affair like I am, you should seriously go check out their weddings.  They've posted so many beautiful photographs in their recaps, to try to pick just one or two to post here that sum up their weddings would be preposterous.

Did you have any "wedding crushes"?  Fill me in, I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment