Friday, March 5, 2010

All By Myself, Don't Wanna Be

All by myself

(That's me summoning Celine Dion, btw)

The Mister is on his way to Vegas for the weekend for his FBIL's bachelor party.  I planned on capitalizing on this weekend of solitude to tackle a huge to-do list - which contains nothing wedding related.  My house is dirrrty (hello two dogs!) and I am throwing the Mister a 30th Birthday Party next weekend and have done absolutely nothing to prepare for it.

Instead, I woke up this morning with a fever and mild body aches.  The aches are staying consistent and the fever is rising.  I dropped the Mister off at his friend's house about 3 hours ago so they can carpool to Vegas, and an hour later he texted me saying he forgot his Blackberry charger and would be turning his phone off to conserve his battery.  Boo!  I'm normally a trooper when I'm sick, but I just want him to be here and take care of me!  I'm craving Jamba Juice and I just want to look at him with puppy dog eyes and ask if he'll go out and get me one.  And he would, because he loves me.  And I would do the same, because I love him.

What has happened to me?  My whole life I've been all about being a strong, independent woman who, in this circumstance, doesn't need a man to go get her some Jamba Juice when she's perfectly capable of getting behind the wheel and getting one herself, fever and all.  I'm still that strong woman, but I've grown.  The Mister has helped me uncover my softer, more vulnerable side, and I like it.  My sister has even commented on this before, ever so delicately informing me that I'm "a lot nicer now."  Geez, thanks sis. :)

But the problem with this newly uncovered side of me is that now here I am, home alone and sick, and I know what it's like to have someone take care of me in my illness and it is so.much.better than taking care of myself.  Alas, I'm left with two choices - wallow in my misery all weekend or summon my grrrl power and go get the Jamba Juice myself.  (Note: ignoring the Jamba Juice craving is impossible, so don't even ask.)

What is a girl to do?  Don't let the suspense kill you.

P.S. I don't have the energy to try to find cute pictures to liven up this post.  You'll just have to make do.

No comments:

Post a Comment