Monday, March 1, 2010

And They Called It Puppy Love

I realized that I've neglected to fill you all in on a very important part of our household.  The Mister and I have two babies.

Max (a.k.a. Baby Dog, Little Man, and Sneak Attack).  He was wan't even 1 year old when we got him but was already fully grown.  He's about 18 lbs.

And Chloe (a.k.a. Baby Girl, Big Girl Dog, and Chlo-Bear).  She's only 3 months in this picture and is full grown now, weighing in at a whopping 70-75 lbs.!

We rescued them both in August 2008 from an organization doing adoptions in front of Petsmart.  Chloe and her sister were found in a ditch with no mother when she was only a few weeks old.  Luckily, the pound had a nursing female who let Chloe and her sister feed along with her pups.  Otherwise, they would have had no choice but to euthanize.  Chloe's sister was adopted by another family a week earlier.  Max was a stray and was likely abandoned by his original owners.  How could anyone treat such cuties so poorly!!!!!  We were looking for dogs and I happened to be going by Petsmart with my Mom when the adoption event was ocurring.  I went in and immediately called the Mister to drive over and take a look.  I was IN LOVE with Chloe and wouldn't put her down out, fearing that someone else would take her.  I was a little less sold on Max at first, but it was mostly because he seemed scared of me when I was holding him.  But he eventually warmed up to both of us, and most importantly he and Chloe got along well.  We adopted them that day, and the rest is history! 

So, what does this have to do with wedding planning?  We are having a small wedding party.  I only have my sister as my maid of honor, and the Mister has three life-long best friends who will be our officiant, his best man, and a groomsman.  No bridesmaids, no flower girl, no ring bearer, no one else walking down the aisle at all.  Unless . . .

Call me crazy, but I really would love it if Max and Chloe could walk down the aisle!  They're our babies and I just can't imagine the day where the Mister and I "officially" become a family without them.  The problem is, I can't trust either of them to be on their best behavior.  They're good dogs, don't get me wrong, but Chloe sometimes freaks out when lots of people are around, and Max can get defensive around strangers.  Plus, our venue will allow dogs to be a part of the ceremony, but they are not allowed to stay in the lodge.  Our only options would be a) have one of our family members rent out one of the resort's pet-friendly cabins and have the dogs stay there, or b) break the rules and hope we don't get caught. 

I don't know what to do!!!  I really want them there, but it might just be too difficult and stressful to be worth it.  What would you do? 

P.S. The Mister has already made himself quite clear on the issue of dressing the dogs if we do include them in the wedding.  Under no circumstances are we allowed to dress them like this.

(Photo from Nice Pets Blog)


No comments:

Post a Comment