Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ginger Pride!



Alas, I am not a ginger.  But my sister is, and she is beautiful both inside and out.  She will be my maid of honor and my one and only attendant.  Since our colors are purple and green, it was a no brainer that she should wear a green dress to our wedding.  There's nothing quite as stunning as a true ginger in green. :)

I thought the task of finding a green dress for my sister would be easy peasy.  I could waltz into any old department store and pick one up off the racks.  Boy was I wrong.  Finding a dress that's a shade of green I like, that's affordable and that goes with the style of our wedding is hard!  A little more elbow grease is definitely needed.  So, here's my version of elbow grease:  go to Google, enter different variations on "green dress", and wade through a ton of crap to find the few gems.

Here's one I just found today that actually inspired me to put this blog post together because I LOVE it.  It's a great shade of green, it's classy, understated and a great cut for my sister's body.  The one problem?  It's out of stock.  But if it comes back in stock I just might swoop it up.

(Grecian Green Dress from Modcloth)

I love this one too.  The shade of green is nice, though a little less bright than what I was hoping for.  My only hesitation is that it's a "bridesmaid dress" that needs to be ordered through an authorized retailer so you can't really just go and try it on.  I was hoping to avoid that whole mess by having just one attendant!


I like the cut of this dress, but I'm not so sure about the shade of green.  In case you can't tell, I'm partial to high necklines.  And it's a David's Bridal dress, so I can easily see the actual color and dress in person.  Plus, I since I bought my dress there, I have a coupon for bridesmaid dresses!  I love me some coupons.
(David's Bridal dress in Clover)

I like this one, but don't love it.  I'm not sure I want her in a strapless dress, but a cute cardigan or shrug over this might make it work.

(Donna Morgan dress at Nordstrom via ShopStyle)

So far, the first dress is the only one I'm 100% sold on, but like I said, it's out of stock.  So I have to just keep looking.  Any suggestions?


1 comment:

Verhext said...

http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/cocktail-dresses?fl=c13&fts=dress

??

Post a Comment