Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Great Minds Think Alike

This is so great I just had to post it right now.  This afternoon the Mister called me at work to share this great idea he had for our wedding.  I could hear the excitement in his voice and could tell that he was really proud of himself on this one.  He prefaced it by saying that if I didn't like the idea, it was okay, and that I didn't have to make up my mind right away.  Bracing myself for something along the lines of a nacho cheese fountain, he said:
"You know how a lot of people do slideshows at their weddings?  I was thinking that instead of a slideshow, we could just take photos of us and our families and hang them up in our reception area as decoration!"
It took everything in my being not to bust out laughing, causing a ruckus in my office.

You mean like this?
(Mrs. Cowboy Boots' wedding - One of my all-time favorites.  Source.  Photograph by Tec Petaja.)

(Mrs. Cherry Pie's wedding - another one of my all-time favorites.  Source.  Photograph by Piknik Studios.)

It's just too funny.  Not only was the Mister clueless that this is a major trend in wedding decor right now, he was also clueless that it is one of my favorite trends and that two of the weddings that inspire me the most have featured this! 

And this, my friends, is just one example of why the Mister and I are meant for each other.  Great minds think alike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment