Saturday, March 20, 2010

I need a vacation

This month has been crazy.  My weekends have been busier than my work weeks and this weekend is no exception.  I'm attending a bachelorette party today; we're going wine tasting in the Temecula Wine Country.  It should be fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy myself, but right now as I sit here in my pajamas all I can think about is how I would really love to stay in my pajamas all day long.  Alternatively, I'd like to take my honeymoon now, s'il vous plait.

Ah, the honeymoon.  It's already fully planned and has been for months.  You can tell where my priorities are.






(All photos from Hilton.com.) 

Thanks to my Dad and his fantabulous timeshare, we'll be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort on Hawaii's Big Island.  This is our kind of place.  It's fairly small (120 units) and every unit is a 2 bedroom suite with a private lanai.  We've got one that overlooks the golf course.  Nice and serene.  But there is still plenty to do in the area.  Hilton has a much larger hotel resort nearby and we have full access to it, plus we can always head into town for some sightseeing.  We plan on taking a helicopter tour of the island, scuba diving, kayaking, golfing and perhaps going sailing if I can convince the Mister that he won't get seasick.  Besides that, the goal is to R-E-L-A-X. 

Relaxation.  What a novel concept.  I'll get to it one of these days.  

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that there is a poolside bar.  I may never leave.

Do you wish you could push up your honeymoon?  Where are you going?  

1 comment:

KMalandro2B said...

Oh my goodness that sounds soooo relaxing and zen like right now for me as well!! Every day my FI and I wish our wedding would just arrive and we can relax! We are going to Europe for our honeymoon to explore Amsterdam and then off to Oktoberfest in Munich. Not your typical honeymoon but that's our style. :)

Hawaii sounds fantastic! Love when parents have timeshares!

Post a Comment