Sunday, March 14, 2010

When Life Gets In The Way

I feel like I have been completely unproductive on the wedding planning front the past few weeks.  Life is just getting in the way.  The Mister's sister is getting married in a few weeks, so our weekends are busy with bridal showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and lending a helping hand.  On top of that, the Mister is turning 30 tomorrow and I threw him an epic party last night.  So yesterday was shot (though it was totally worth it!) and today . . . well, you can imagine how I'm feeling today.


In reality, I haven't been entirely unproductive.  I signed our catering contract and finalized our menu and service options.  I scheduled our engagement photo shoot.  I just haven't been able to start tackling any new big DIY projects . . . and I kinda want to (invitations, I'm looking at you).  I may regret what I'm about to write, but I look at these projects as a stress reliever, not a stress creator.  Maybe it's because I'm in a high stress profession, but I am really looking forward to just vegging out and doing arts and crafts.  I can't imagine crafting being more stressful than arguing before a judge.  But then again, the collective widsom of brides before me says that I'm fooling myself on this one.  DIY projects almost inevitably create some stress.


But for now, I'm choosing to ignore that collective wisdom.  I'm sure this decision will come back to haunt me, but for now I need wedding projects to be a stress reliever in my mind.  If I think of them as a source of stress, it might just tip me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment