Thursday, April 29, 2010

It Fits, Thank God


(My sister/MOH modeling in my foyer.)

The MOH dress saga is complete.  For real this time, not like that time I said it was over and I totally jinxed myself.  The top is loose and billowy and we may get it taken in just a touch but that's nothing.  My sister likes it, I like it, the Mister likes it.  Done.

In other news, I bit the bullet and bought the Calvin Klein "Nadia" sandals and the Charles David "Twisty" sandals (which I blogged about way back in the day) from Zappos (hello free shipping!) to see which pair I like better with my wedding dress.
(Calvin Klein "Nadia")

(Charles David "Twisty")

They arrived today and the Calvin Klein's are hands down the winner.*  My personal style is "simple but not plain" (the Mister phrased it that way when he was describing my engagement ring and it describes me so perfectly) and these shoes fit the bill while still having that something extra special to them.  I like the Charles David's too, but they don't feel extra special to me.  I bought both pairs with the intent of returning the one I didn't pick to wear on my wedding day, but I think I'm going to keep the Charles David's and wear them this summer.  I wore my last pair of everyday strappy gold flat sandals until their untimely death last fall and am in *need* of a new pair.  These fit the bill.  So now I have wedding shoes and new summer sandals.  I love it when I kill two birds with one stone.  

*I should let you know that I haven't actually tried either pair on yet.  I should probably get on that.  I think I'm afraid they won't be comfortable and I'll have to start all over again.  

3 comments:

Mareeyah said...

Congratulations for finally completing the MOH dress saga, as you call it. Your sandals are pretty. It's the interesting detail on the Nadia that makes the difference. I hope they'd be comfortable when you try them, so you don't have to start over again. Good luck on that! :-D

BeerBudgetBride said...

Congrats on finding your MOH dress. I'm still looking so I feel your pain. I LOVE the CK sandals too. Charles David makes gorgeous shoes, I bought 3 pairs from the line but swore never again. I never really wear them and when I do I don't keep them on very long, they're pretty uncomfortable.

KMalandro2B said...

I LOVE the CK sandals as well! I'm still trying to figure out what my ladies will be wearing on their feet.

Post a Comment