Friday, April 9, 2010

The MOH Dress Search is O-V-E-R!

I hope.  If it's not I just might cry.

After being tormented yesterday by the ridiculously expensive yet absolutely perfect MOH dress for my sister, I decided to check in with ModCloth again to see if my original perfect MOH dress was in stock yet.  Here it is again, if you don't remember


(Grecian Green Dress from ModCloth)

If you recall, I had signed up for a notification from ModCloth for when this dress came back in stock.  I never heard anything and kind of gave up on it.  Then one day I just decided to check out the dress again and lo and behold it was in stock!  But only in Large and Extra Large...much too big for my size 6-ish sister.  Boo!  And double boo because ModCloth's notification system clearly doesn't like me!

I started checking their site sporadically after that and it was always out of stock.  I even checked again yesterday and it was out of stock.  This morning I decided to check again on a whim.  I had just finished talking to my sister about the dress hunt and it was on my mind.  When I got to the site there it was, in big bold orange:

1 Item Left In Stock

And it was a Medium!!!  Hallelujah!  I bought that sucker faster than the speed of light.  It was $90, and I found a 10% off coupon.  With no tax on the sale and only $7 for shipping, my grand total was $88.  A much better deal than the $450 very similar Tara dress, no? 

Now I just have to pray that the Medium fits her, or at least needs only slight alterations.  Oh, and that she likes it.  Girlfriend has not actually seen the dress.  Oopsy. :) 

I hope this is a sign that I will be productive this weekend on the wedding front.  I think I'm going to start making some tissue paper flowers and see how it goes.  I don't know what I'll do with them yet - maybe make napkin rings or pomadors or a garland.  I'll just wait and see how I feel about them once I start making them.

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Mareeyah said...

Cool! Congratulations on finally getting the kind of dress you want and at such a good price! Hope it fits. :-D

Post a Comment