Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our Right to Bear Arms

Yesterday, the Mister and I exercised our right to bear arms.  No we didn't go to the shooting range, we traipsed around Bed, Bath and Beyond with the ever popular scanner gun.  The store opened at 9 a.m. and we got there around 9:30 a.m.  After getting through the paper work and the explanation of how their registry works, we didn't really get started until 10 a.m.  I thought we'd be done by noon, and boy was I wrong.  We left the store at 2:30!  Granted, we did take a break and grab some lunch and we did get started about an hour later than I thought we would get started.  The process was way more time consuming than I had anticipated, but it didn't really bother me because registering is F-U-N.  It reminds me of when my sister and I were kids and the Sear's Christmas Wishbook would come in the mail and we'd sit there and pour over the pages and dream of all the toys we wanted.  Except now, the 29 year engaged homeowner version of me dreams about different toys, like



I also really love the place settings we picked out, but since they are all white the picture doesn't really do it any justice.  We spent FOR-EVER looking at knives and couldn't decide what we wanted, and there were a few things that we want but didn't find at BB&B, so we'll need to start another registry.  We still would like to register for new bedding but didn't see anything that really works for our super deep California King bed, we're also thinking about some larger mugs and cereal bowls, since the mugs and bowls that come with our place settings are are a little dainty for when you need a big cup of joe and bowl of Lucky Charms to get your day started.  But where?  I'm thinking maybe Amazon, Williams Sonoma or Crate & Barrel.  But we haven't decided yet.  I'm giving the Mister a break since yesterday was pretty exhausting.  :)

Oh, and just for kicks we added this bad boy to our registry.

If you have not seen this thing, you need to hightail it to your nearest BB&B or Best Buy.  It's a fan with no blades, and it's seriously awesome.  I would never in a million years pay $330 for a table fan, but maybe someone will buy it for us?  I doubt it, but we put it on our registry just to see.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment