Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's funny how the universe works

Thanks ladies for all your words of encouragement about getting up the gumption to just ask my Aunt about doing my hair for the wedding.  Yesterday I went shopping with my Mom and asked her if she could delicately ask my Aunt about doing our hair.  Later in the evening I got a call from my Mom saying that she called my Aunt under the guise of confirming her travel plans for the wedding and my Aunt actually brought the hair issue up.  Apparently, she has been wanting to volunteer to do our hair but was afraid that I would feel like I couldn't say no!  Can you tell we're related?

The icing on the cake is that my Aunt's best friend/business partner really wants to come out to California with her but didn't want to just up and invite himself to the wedding.  My Aunt mentioned that he's a makeup artist and would love to do our makeup for the wedding.  So my Mom invited him to the wedding. (Side Note: it's not a big deal that she invited him.  Remember how we gave out parents an allotment of people they could invite to the wedding?  No?  That's okay, I forgive you.)

So now I leave you with some gratuitous hair and makeup inspiration photos.


(Kristen Bell via People)


(Mrs. Cowboy Boot via Weddingbee)


(Jessica Biel from here)

4 comments:

Tamar said...

That's awesome! I love when loved ones take part in the wedding!

kristininjapan said...

Ooo, it is awesome how everything worked out in the end. Didn't I tell you people are willing to help out with their talents when it comes to weddings? ;D

I thought Mrs. Cowboy Boot's hair and makeup was to die for too!

Chocolate Lover said...

So glad that worked out for you!

Angie said...

Yay! Awesome! When we have weddings people step up- they want to help and be part of our day. And just the same, we step up too!

Love Kristin Bell's hair... she's got that sweet, whimsical thing going on with her do-piece.

Post a Comment