Monday, June 7, 2010

Perspective.

The mother of one of the Mister's oldest and dearest friends suddenly and unexpectedly passed away this weekend.  I had the great fortune to know this woman, if only for a short while.  She was so kind and sweet and always welcomed me into her home with open arms.  Her son is our officiant and is set to get married himself in just over a month.  My heart breaks for what he and his family are going through right now, and it has been a real reminder to me about what is really important.  This whole wedding we've been planning for the past year could crumble to pieces right before our eyes and it would all be okay.  We could get married in someone's backyard in shorts and flip flops and it would still be beautiful because we'd be surrounded by our family and friends.  I'd still have the Mister by my side in bed at night and we'd still grow old together.  

Posting will be sporadic at best this week.  I need to take some time to regroup and focus my energies on the important people in my life, not wedding details.  Though I will say this, wedding details are the perfect way to distract yourself when you need to escape the pain.

2 comments:

Ghenet said...

That's so sad! I'm sorry for this lost and hope you enjoy spending time with your loved ones this week.

Dancy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. How sad for your friend - to lose a parent like that right before a wedding. Maybe you can find a way to honor her during your wedding.

Post a Comment