Friday, June 4, 2010

Wedding Dreams

My wedding dreams have turned into wedding nightmares.  I haven't been having very many wedding dreams (that I can remember anyway) through the course of this planning process, but for the most part they have been pleasant.  Last night was a different story.  I slept like sh*t because I kept waking up from bad wedding dreams.  First, I dreamed that I was at home on our wedding day (because apparently in my dream I was getting married at home) and I was all by myself getting the house ready for the wedding.  All of a sudden I realized that the wedding was supposed to start in 10 minutes and I had done nothing - the house was a mess and I was in my pajamas - and no one was there to help me.   I ran upstairs to try to get ready just as guests started to arrive...and then I woke up.

The second dream was even more dramatic.  We were at a resort of some sort and the ceremony was about to start.  (Side Note: what's up with none of my wedding dreams being at our actual venue?).  I was in my dress and all made up and the processional had started and my Dad was M.I.A.  Then, just in the knick of time he shows up to walk me down the aisle, but he's drunk as a skunk, eating pizza, and wearing swim trunks.  I yelled at him to get upstairs and change, he got in an elevator, and then I decided to walk down the aisle alone.  Just as I started walking I woke up.

Sigh.  I think the first dream is obviously related to the stress of getting everything done and feeling like I'm shouldering the burden of doing it all.  But the second dream is just out of left field.  I don't think I have to worry about my Dad getting trashed and showing up in a bathing suit.  That's a relief, because I have no idea how I'd deal with that.

Have you been having whacked out wedding dreams?  Do tell!

3 comments:

marikoy said...

I can't remember specifics, but I do recall that almost every time that there's an exciting event coming up, in the days before that, I'd dream of being on that day, unprepared, and panicking about a lot of things which aren't quite right. I think those kinds of dreams just reflect how excited we are for that day and how we want preparations to be perfect. In a way, it is good to have these dreams, because they push us to work on the necessary preparations so those bad dreams won't come true.

septca said...

I have that first dream ALL THE TIME.

It's so bizarre because I am so type A that that could never happen, but at least we know that I have a deep-seeded fear of it all just falling apart. :o) At least my FH is there in all my dreams.

ChristySue said...

I wonder if the venue being left out is because it's one of the things you're NOT stressed over. Just a thought.

Post a Comment