Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Firsts and Finisheds

Sorry I've been posting so little.  Work has been cuh-razy the past two weeks, and when you add wedding tasks and attempting to have a social life into the mix it doesn't leave you with much time for blogging.  So here I am, eating my lunch at my desk, squeaking in a blog post.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we mailed out our invitations this past Friday, and our first RSVPs have started to roll in!


Here's the proof!  We have 6 confirmed attendees woot woot!  Please note the care with which I redacted the sensivite information. :)

Yesterday, our first wedding gift arrived!  The Mister found it on our doorstep when he got home from work around 5:45 p.m., and called me right away to tell me and we decided that he would wait for me to get home to open it.  I had to attend a public meeting for one of our clients that started at 6 p.m. and was an hour away from where we live.  These meetings typically run about an hour so I thought I'd be home by 8.  Well, this particular meeting ran 4 hours long and I didn't get home until 11 p.m.  The Mister stayed up and waited for me to open the gift even though I told him he didn't have to wait up and could open the gift without me.  Awww...



A KITCHEN AID MIXER!!!  Best.first.wedding.present.ever!   It was from my grandparents who live in Florida and can't make it to the wedding.  Sorry for the poor picture quality.  It was 11 p.m. and I wasn't about to bust out anything other than my Blackberry to take a picture.

And now, the finisheds.  Well, it's really only one thing that has been finished since I last posted.  I printed out our paper napkin rings and with some help from the Mister we got all of them done in 3 days!  That's acutally 100 napkins, even though it looks way smaller. 


I adhered to the KISS philosophy on this project.  I considered more detailed napkin rings but I just didn't think it was worth the effort to do anything other than a simple paper napkin ring with our names and wedding date printed on it. 

5 comments:

Ghenet said...

Ooo a Kichen Aid Mixer! We registered for one of those too :) Your napkin rings look really pretty--I've adopted a KISS philosophy for our DIY projects too.

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

Yeah I always start off with KISS in my head but somehow the DIY fairy whispers into my air and i'm off to more complicated and ultimately frustrating projects.

Great gift. I want one too but for some reason didn't register for it.

kristininjapan said...

KITCHEN AID MIXER! Wahoo!!!!

Sara said...

woohoo!!! First Wedding Present, how fun!

I was THRILLED when we got Kitchen Aid at the shower in Philly- just waiting for the kitchen renovations to be done before I set it up... can not wait!!

Dancy said...

I was CERTAIN my Mom or Aunt would buy our mixer but neither did. Bummer.

The napkins look suuuper cute though. Good job!

Post a Comment