Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's party time, excellent!

My bachelorette party was actually two weekends ago, but we've already established that I'm a slacker blogger so I don't feel bad about just telling y'all about it now.  :)  Part of the reason why I was waiting was that my camera died very early in the evening and was waiting to get some pictures from the other girls, but I never did (probably because I never asked...oops!).  So I'm moving forward anyway!

I decided that I wanted my bachelorette party to be just a Saturday night out with the girls.  I wasn't about road tripping it to Vegas or anything like that.  The Vegas club scene just makes me feel like an old puritan because I can't party until 4 a.m. and don't dress or act like a hoochie.  Plus, I decided I wanted to have my bachelorette party the same weekend the Mister had his bachelor party, and he was going out of town.  Since most of our friends are married couples, us girls going out of town too wasn't really an option because people would have to arrange sitters.  Baby sitters in a few cases, but in our case dog sitters.

So, a plan was hatched to get an early dinner and then head to a local dueling piano bar.  We got a nice booth reserved for our group and were ready to let loose!  If you've never been to a dueling piano bar, you should definitely go.  They are hilarious and a great place if you have a mixed crowd of drinkers and non-drinkers because everyone has fun.  I've been here with the Mister and he enjoyed himself even though he doesn't drink at all and normally hates going to bars because they're "boring."  In this case, my friend Ashley was our DD - and 3 months pregnant - so she wasn't drinking at all, but still had a great time.

Our beloved DD is in the center.  (Okay, I need to digress for a moment to rant about my Nikon Coolpix.  WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A "PARTY" MODE IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A CLEAR PICTURE WITH IT?!?!?!  This camera blows and it's only 1 year old.  You can never take a clear picture unless you use the auto mode.  So you pay all this money to get all the bells and whistles and they don't even work?   Thank god the Mister bought me a new camera for my birthday.  But I let him take it for his bachelor party so I had no choice but to use the crappy Nikon.)

My friend Olivia brought glow sticks that we made into bracelets and necklaces.  I had no idea how bright they were until I got called up on stage to be serenaded / publicly humiliated.  


That's right, I got called up on stage.  I kinda knew it was going to happen when I agreed to have my bachelorette party here.  My camera had died by that point so I don't have any pictures.  But my FSIL got it on video.  Yeah, you're not seeing that.  Let's just say that I was given a beer bottle to demonstrate some of the song's lyrics.  It was a crowd pleaser.  


We left around 12:30 and I was in bed by 1:30.  Just my speed.  As a parting gift, here is the one clear picture I have of myself at my bachelorette party.  Yes, they made we wear a veil and sash, despite the fact that I made it clear I did not want any of that.  Sigh.  The things you do for your friends.

4 comments:

nicoliolihpf said...

I actually think the pictures look really cool. Not clear which I would also be annoyed, but they're kind of artsy?

Kristin - Miss Glasses said...

What a fun night out! I agree with Nicole, the pictures are kinda cool in an artsy way. I really wanna go to a dueling piano bar now!

Emma9405 said...

We went to a dueling piano bar for my bachelorette party, too! They are the MOST fun!

Dancy said...

Oooh - we went to a piano bar for my friend's bachelorette and it was sooo much fun!

P.S. - I agree with the ladies who say the pics are cool. I know what you mean though - our old camera did the same thing... then it died. LOL

Post a Comment